Friday, October 24, 2008

EOS 3000

Jim brought his EOS 3000 film camera with a 25-70 mm USM lens (which cost ~$500 at the time); this Rebel model camera was first introduced in 2002. The camera had 7 shots of ISO 200 film remaining. At the 25mm end, the lens showed no noticeable barrel distortion at the edges, while through the view finder. The other noticeable difference was the camera weight; compared to the 50d it was a feather. The lens also had trouble focusing in low light (indoor office flourescents).

I'll be testing the lens on my camera at a later date. I didn't get a chance to upload any photographs due to a meeting I had to attend.

About

This blog will go live on a full-time basis when I have finished copying all my old articles from my journal. I have a Picasa Album for my photos.