Monday, November 17, 2008

Gigapan Tripod and Panoramas

A motorized tripod is available, for mounting DSLRs, for gigapixel panorama photographs.

A three-image panorama of the demolition of the United Metropolitan Church's rectory along Shuter street, taken last Thursday. In the background is St. Michael's Cathedral. The camera was held in landscape.

A two-image panorama looking north up Royal York road from the train stopped at Mimico GO station. The original panorama is about 6k pixels wide and clear enough that the sign next to the schoolbus can be clearly read. The two-different shades are because I didn't exposure lock. The colours also look a bit strange because the train had tinted windows.

Last night I switched to shooting 15.1 MP images with the 8GB card; the camera says I can take approximately 1,700+ photos.

About

This blog will go live on a full-time basis when I have finished copying all my old articles from my journal. I have a Picasa Album for my photos.