Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Thorny Hedge

Photos taken yesterday morning while walking to work.


It was difficult to photograph the vibrant reds and yellows against a dark, contrasting background.
Except for the first photograph, I find the the colours too overwhelming (at least for a desktop background).
All the photos were taken at the minimum focal distance of 1.5 feet at f/1.4. [3 of 20]
This morning I shot everything in Program mode after last night's low-light shoot. Update Wed Nov 05 17:38:56 2008: Reviewing the photos, I noticed (and confirmed) that the "Shade" white-balance gives a yellow-orange tinge to the sunny part of a photograph taken in the shade. I think the "Cloudy" setting (which is also recommended for indoors photography) gives a better colour reproduction.

About

This blog will go live on a full-time basis when I have finished copying all my old articles from my journal. I have a Picasa Album for my photos.